A few weeks ago, a favorite site of many baby boomers called TBD.com (TeeBeeDee) was closed. Story of My Life reached out to the wonderful staff there and expressed our sadness that the site, which was light, fast, easy to use and cleanly designed, and had a great, very active following, was closing its doors. Sometimes that happens in venture backed companies.
Some of the assets of the company were purchased by Story of My Life. If you are coming here from the "Welcome" email in your inbox, then let us be the first to say: WELCOME
! We hope that you will find a home here you truly enjoy, and while are missions are complementary to TBD's they are also somewhat different. We are about community in the sense that everyone's stories are connected.
We hope that you will share stories, create Groups (Friends, Family, Interest Groups) and enjoy the site.
You will find a helpful community here to welcome you and assist you in any thing that you might need. Our Help Desk
is also very responsive and here to answer any questions you might have. You might also check out our online help
which contains information on the various sections of our site.
In a nutshell, you have the following:
- VAULT - a place to store your pictures, videos, recipes and more.
- STORY - organize and tell your stories however you want. Use the Writer's Forum for tips and inpsirational questions. You can cross-categorize the chronological Chapters of your life with Categories (like "tagging").
- BLOG - for all your daily thoughts that aren't quite 'stories'.
- TOP 10 LISTS - fun place to keep bucket lists or things to see or favorites of anything
- PROFILE - tell the world about you, your likes & dislikes, where you went to school, what organizations you belong to or causes you support
- GROUPS - create a Family, Friends Network or an Interst Group. (note that these functionalities will be enhanced in the coming weeks).
Or you can simply read and comment on other people's stories. Funny, sad, poignant, life lessons - they're all there. The wonderful myriad of human emotions & experiences.
Be sure to check out our Featured Storytellers Story section too - our professional writers do featured life stories in interesting folks.
But above all, welcome! We hope you will be happy here. If not, just yell, maybe we can change for you ;)
Community Relations Manager
STORY OF MY LIFE