City of Birth:

DDD's Story

Featured Story

It Has Been A Rough Year

I am adding this additional chapter to my introduction, because after I initially wrote the introduction, it was very difficult to come back to it and try to make sense of all that I have experienced through the various stages of my life and the trials that I have endured or overcome.  I wish ...


The Birth of Charles Leonard Wiggins

The story has already been written for awhile on my blog "From the heart of Praise, Prayer and Perseverance. 0; Here is a link to that posting, Below are the pictures of the blessed event.   http://fromthehea rt-dotwigg.blogsp ot.com/2008/03/an other-2-prayer-re quest-answered.ht ml


Browse for more stories

DDD's Story > Chapters > Southern socialworkerOn Call

"more on the case we went out on" 


Date Range: 01/01/2012 To 12/31/2012   Comments: 0   Views: 95
Attachments: No

well just wanted to include more information on one of the cases we went out on for oncall,  (me and SWWF).  The one where mom was at a home of well known drug users, and was alleged to have a meth lab in that home.  Moms movement was jerky and exaggerated, and her speech was very fast, and she had sores all around her nostrils. 

Well the case was given to an investigator who has been trying to contact the family for a month now, and they have not returned her calls, nor have they answered those phone calls.  They live out of our jurisdiction so we have to get permission from the other county to enter to go to the home where mom and dad are now living (with mom's mom, mat grandma).  So I went to that home with the investigator yesterday.  The children had been placed in kinship with the grandma and the children were not be unsupervised with parents until the  further notice from our agency.  We arrived in the cold and there was a strange looking male standing at an open car door in the driveway with an unknown female and another male on the porch getting in and out of his wheel chair. We went to the door and were told that grandma would come let us in.  These people went in and out of the home without inviting us inside.  We had to stand outside in the cold for at least 15 minutes.  We were finally allowed in to the home which was a filthy mess and grandma finally came lolling out of the kitchen sorta staggering and saying she was sick.  She would keep holding her chest and making these moan grunt noises.  Well the children weren't there and according to grandma had not been there for about 2 or 3 days cause she was so sick she did not want the children to get whatever she has.  It was 12 noon and the children's mother was still in bed.

When we went to the very clean home where the children were staying we learned that the children have been away from the grandmother's home for 2 weeks. We were also told that Law Enforcement is watching the home and believes that meth is being made in that home.  When SSWF and I went out oncall that night,  after leaving grandma's home we both had headaches,  then yesterday after leaving grandma's the investigator and I were both sick to our stomachs, so this may be due to being exposed to meth fumes or something. It's really unbelievable how some people live and what they will expose thier children too.  The night that SSWF and I went out oncall the grandma had warning we were coming out and apparantly had cleaned the home up before we got there that night, but this latest visit was unannounced and they did not know we were coming.

Email this Story

Read more of DDD's Stories   |   Read other great Stories


Related Files

No files attached to this story.



You must be registered to leave comments. Register here! It's free!

Already a member? Login here

No Comments have been posted yet.