While saying good bye to 2012, I ponder on the time that passed by with ups and downs and God helping me and my family to press and move on. Spiritually starving to stand in the centre of God’s will and claiming his protection and timely provision helped us to boldly stand at God’s feet again. Many times life brought many temptations and hurdles to doubt God’s love and his promise. But, God made us able to destroy this negative thought and helped us again to smile at crisis.
It says in 1 Cor 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” This is very true in our lives. Let me share an event which made Ranjan and me to love our Savior Jesus Christ more and to lean on Him alone for everything while we are in this earthly body.
As we are constructing our house, we had spent our whole savings. We placed our remaining needs before God. By disposition Ranjan & I both are very much self-content and financially disciplined. On 21stDec 2012, I saw an email message that was in my junk mail box. Someone was trying to poke me in my Linked In profile. Though I ignored thrice, but somehow it caught my attention again. There, he had mentioned a number to contact him with reference to an Uncle whom I knew long time before and is deceased now.
What was happening was really amazing. I called that person and he said that, He is the legal person who is handling the execution of Uncle’s legal will. We had a discussion that lasted for half hour. During our conversation he said that the Uncle who died in 2008 has mentioned in his “WILL” to give Aniva Chand from Odisha an amount of Rs 1 lak as a gift. This lawyer knew nothing about me but searched the website and contacted me. Later, we processed the transaction of the gift deed, the copy of the WILL and submission of the receipt legally.
After this I was overwhelmed, and the person I ran too was God in prayer…..asking questions….God! Why do u love me so much? Neither had I asked you to prove yourself nor have I been faithful in doing my duty of sharing Christ with others? But still why do you love me so much? God spoke to me through a beautiful verse from Revelation 3:8 “I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” I poured out my heart to God in submission, surrender, and humility. God honored my frail strength and my faith.
Then I continued reading the whole message taken from John 5: 1 – 8. The invalid person since 38 years had believed that getting into the Bethsaida pool was the only way to get healed.
1. It was his human perspective. But God’s plan was different. (we do this)
2. Jesus knew his need and he asked Jesus to heal him. But he described his frustrations too. (we too do this)
3. Still Jesus healed him and asked to carry his mat and walk. The man did not doubt and did not ask Jesus any question. (Do we doubt or believe at once)
4. Jesus healed him on the Sabbath Day. That means God has his own appointed time and hour beyond our imagination. Sometimes we feel this is not the appropriate time or day, but God delivers in His perfect time. (Let God decide the time of deliverance)
From this event which happened on 21st Dec 2012, I learned many lessons of faith which I would like to mention here.
1. First of all…..God has his own way for meet our needs, we need not place our ideas before God but only our needs.
2. We might have many doors/perceptions/ideas which we feel is God’s way to satisfy our needs. But Actually NOT.
3. We need to depend and ask God to show us/open his door for us
4. God even used a dead person to fulfill his will;
a. This teaches us that He can transform anything from impossible to possible.
b. God used a dead person to supply my needs. That means neither I have to return the amount to anyone nor remain obligated to anyone. All I need to do is give all glory to God and remain faithful to Him only.
5. God used a different door, which means He is sovereign in his plan and action. That means when His Plan is accomplished in His way, He is glorified. If my own dear one would have supported I would not have shared this story with others.
6. God never owes anything to anyone. That means, He always returns to you in manifold blessings. We give God onetime, but He returns for a lifetime. (Out of my own scarcity, I had financed to a heart patient, Mr. Sanjay Gupta for his emergency surgery in last November, He is a Hindu convert who works for the Lord)
7. The WILL was made in 2007 and executed in 2010. We received the money on 10th Jan 2013. This clearly indicates that God had planned in 2007 for my need to be met in 2013. God has plans for me till my last breath and I have nothing to be worried about.
8. Faith honors God and God honors faith. And faith brings reward.