Online Privacy is a policy that StoryofMyLife.com gives the utmost attention to and plans to take all reasonable pains to maintain current and effective online privacy standards and practices. This page is accessible from anywhere on the site for your referral. You may also contact us
any questions or concerns that you might have.
The Story of My Life Website is run with cooperation between the Story of My Life Foundation™, a California non-profit which has applied for 501(c)(3) US tax exemption status in August of 2006, and Eravita, Inc. Eravita, Inc., collects and displays the Life Stories of Individuals, Families and Friends as well as Memorial Tributes and Story of My Life Foundation preserves Life Stories and Memorial Tributes in perpetutity.
To provide the safe-keeping of the Stories forever, space that is bought “Forever” (permanent storage) is the exclusive property of the non-profit organization to ensure safe-keeping of the Stories for eternity.
In order to build this community and ensure its longevity, we recognize the trust you place in StoryofMyLife.com when you provide personal information about yourself. We respect your privacy and recognize the importance of safeguarding that information.
In order to understand our privacy practices, it is important to differentiate between two different kinds of information we collect and use. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify you as an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information, billing information, etc. “Anonymous Information” includes information that, while collected from an individual, is not linked to any personally identifying information and does not identify a particular person.
Go to Top
What Information Do We Collect?
StoryofMyLife.com collects information through several sources:
- StoryofMyLife.com may collect both Anonymous Information through our web site at www.storyofmylife.com (the “Web Site”). For example, we may collect statistical information regarding search terms or web page usage as Anonymous Information from visitors to the Web Site.
- StoryofMyLife.com may collect Personal Information from you if you choose to join us as a member. Upon your registration at the Web Site as a member, we may collect your name, e-mail address and login/password and other personal data. Members may also set up a public profile that includes other Personal Information such as name, e-mail address, physical address, company name, company address, company web site address, telephone and fax numbers. Please note that while registration is voluntary, and while most of the Web Site is available to visitors without registration, some areas of the Web Site may not be accessible or functional without registration, such as our Networks, posting comments, Forums, and Blogs.
- StoryofMyLife.com collects Personal Information from those who sign up for a StoryofMyLife.com profile, either online or in person at an event. For online registration, you may be referred to a third party web site for payment, where payment information such as name, address, billing information, credit card numbers, etc., are collected by the third party site on StoryofMyLife.com’s behalf. Please note that StoryofMyLife.com does not retains billing information such as credit card numbers from sites who operate as payment portals for our events for recurring billing.
StoryofMyLife.com also collects information from individuals voluntarily when they choose to receive our updates and/or newsletters. This information includes your name and e-mail address. StoryofMyLife.com also uses tracking technology such as “cookies” and “Sessions” or small bits of information stored in text files by your browser on your hard drive to track information about Web Site usage. This information may include, for example, member login names and passwords entered by the member at the start of a session, Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses of visitors, search terms entered, clickstream data, etc.
Go to Top
How Do we Use the Information We Collect?
In each instance, StoryofMyLife.com strives to only collect that information which is relevant to our providing services and information to our users and members that they have requested or may find of interest. StoryofMyLife.com uses the information it collects as follows:
- Anonymous Information may be used to help us administer and improve our Web Site, direct web traffic, and provide better information to users and members based upon the topics entered as search terms. We may also use search terms entered, which are collected without reference to any Personal Information, to create user surveys or direct group focus to information of interest.
- Personal Information from our members is used to communicate with those members, and provide them access to some areas of the Web Site. Members may receive e-mail notifications of upcoming events or news of interest, newsletters with topics of interest, removal of non-paid Content, and/or Network renewal information.
- As discussed above, StoryofMyLife.com also may use “Sessions” to track both Personal Information and Anonymous Information to facilitate a member session on our Web Site. Personal Information collected from event attendees is used to facilitate their attendance, including further event information, materials and other relevant information.
Go to Top
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Collection And Use Of My Personal Information?
Again, StoryofMyLife.com respects your privacy above all else and your desire to control how your Personal Information is used by StoryofMyLife.com. You may choose whether or not to provide any Personal Information to StoryofMyLife.com at all. Visitors to the Web Site may still view parts of the Web Site, although if you choose not to provide the Personal Information you may be unable to access certain areas which require registration, such as discussion forums or mailing lists. Please be aware that registration for StoryofMyLife.com events, or subscriptions to our newsletter may also require some Personal Information, but we strive to only require that information which is necessary to provide you with the information or services you are requesting.
All e-mail notifications and newsletters will be sent with an “Unsubscribe” option; you may choose to stop receiving such mailings and newsletters at any time. New registrants and event attendees will also be given a choice as to whether to receive such notifications and newsletters when they sign up for membership or the StoryofMyLife.com event.
Go to Top
Do We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties, Such As Advertisers, Service Providers, or Consultants?
As a matter of policy, we do not share Personal Information with advertisers, nor will we sell or rent our member lists for marketing purposes. We may share information with consultants or programmers who assist us in the development and maintenance of our Web Site. No one who works for the Story of My Life Foundation nor Eravita, Inc. is allowed to bring in personal content capturing devices to the workplace (such as hard drives, zip drives, personal laptops etc) and no employee or contractors are given access to live data of our Members and are not allowed to story any such live data on any portable device such as a laptop or zip drive for any reason.
StoryofMyLife.com may also share Personal Information with an organization who co-sponsors a StoryofMyLife.com event for promoting and organizing that event. And of course, StoryofMyLife.com may disclose Personal Information when, in StoryofMyLife.com’s judgment, such disclosure is required by law, or necessary to protect StoryofMyLife.com, its related employees, agents, members, or assets.
Go to Top
Can You Correct, Change or Delete Your Personal Information?
Yes. Registered Members may login to the Web Site and edit their membership information. You may also send edits or updates to contact us, and we will make every reasonable effort to incorporate any changes to your Personal Information as soon as possible.
Please note that if you choose to cease membership with StoryofMyLife.com, some of your Personal Information may be retained in an Inactive Account file on our database.
Go to Top
Invitations and Other Communications to Non-members
StoryofMyLife.com registered members can invite people within their personal contacts to join the site by sending invitations via e-mail through our automated web-based, invite system. StoryofMyLife.com stores the e-mails provided by members in order that the recipients who respond may be added to the Contacts’ lists of the registered member who issued the invite. StoryofMyLife.com does not sell these e-mails or use them to send any other communication besides invitations, and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations from StoryofMyLife.com may contact StoryofMyLife.com at any time to request the removal of their information from our database.
StoryofMyLife.com registered members may also store contact information, including e-mails, of people they know in their internal StoryofMyLife.com Contacts List in order to send invites and other communications to those Contacts.
Go to Top
Is Your User Data Secure?
All data is encrypted and hosted at a secure site location that takes into account the latest security devices such as escorted entrance to the server room, back-up generators and redundant site storage in a fire-retardant and secure hosting location.
All payment information is held through our current payment portal, Authorize.NET. (www.authorize.net where you may read more about their privacy policies) and the merchant account at Citibank www.citibank.com, and follows strict procedural and safety methods for ensuring security via encryption, secure physical locations, and constant monitoring.
Note that this payment portal company is subject to change by StoryofMyLife.com.
Go to Top
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, you can contact us
Story of My Life by Eravita
3478 Buskirk Ave Suite 1000
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523